Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Colorado Style


We have/had 6-8 inches heavy wet snow.  The trees had leafed out and they were looking like they might break, especially the aspens.  A little more snow tonight then maybe we can warm up a bit.  I really don't mind the snow.  I like wearing my boots!  No one should feel sorry for us because we might have 70 degree days in January.  This is really what it's like in Colorado.  I love living here.







I have always wanted to do woodworking and I found a great place that teaches people like me with NO knowledge of woodworking how to make things.  My son and I took a pen making class together.  It was SO fun.  These are a few pictures that I took while trying to learn and do it without cutting off a finger.  Seriously, I loved it and plan to take more classes.  My loved ones might get tired of receiving wood gifts in the years to come.


Going to Oklahoma to see this one graduate from Tech school.  So proud of her.  She is going to be a great electrician eventually.  This is her and her class winning first place at state competition!


At Easter I had the privilege of reading to these two wonderful little girls.  They are my sister's granddaughters.  And that is Daisy Mcdoodle, who is lucky enough to live with those little girls.  She started her life with my dear sister, Jetta, and continued in the family.  

Hard Mother's Day and missing my Jetta.  They are spending this time together, with Daddy.
(heavy sigh)





No comments:

Post a Comment