Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Friday, December 30, 2016

When We See Christ

This hymn came to me today as we visited with a grief counselor.  There has been a lot of grieving going on in my life and sometimes I have to check to see if I am moving through the grief in a healthy way.  Lately it hasn't seemed as healthy as it should.  As we talked about what it all means this song came to mind.

It will be worth it all when we see Jesus
Our trials will seem so small when we see Christ
One glimpse of His dear face
All trials will erase so bravely run the race
Till we see Christ.


I can hear my sweet mothers voice singing that.

Sometimes life's trials seem so large that I feel like the weight of them will crush me.   God knows what is happening and in my weak humanness I often handle these trials very poorly, even completely wrong.  I then feel like such a failure.  I allow myself to get hot and react not communicate and at this point anything and everything I say is just frustration speaking. My brain gets foggy and I loose it.  I'm much too old to engage in this.  The more I can avoid these situations the longer I live.  So this hymn is very appropriate.  I need to run the race and not get side tracked on communication that takes me and my better judgement out of the race.

Mother, I miss your solid ever loving spirit.  Your quiet calm that could calm even the fiercest storms.  Of course your quiet calm was from a close relationship with your Heavenly Father.  I too can have that. It takes lots of communication.  Thank you, God for the examples You have given me.


No comments:

Post a Comment