Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Prayer of St Francis

Sometimes you just need a prayer that covers it all.  This is the one for me.  Life gives us all things that try us in every way.  When there are trials the question is, "was that necessary?".  The older I get the more I realize that almost every time for me the answer is yes.  I can find a blessing in every trial. While the trial is going on it doesn't seem like a blessing but it can be.

Prayer of St Francis


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment