Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Cold Damp Rainy Day

Today is a day that is wonderful for the soil and water table, but a bit miserable for humans, except to be snuggled down somewhere, either in front of the fire or cozied up with a warm pet.



I guess spring will be here in due time.   I am not tired of winter, I could take some more.  I actually am a lover of winter.  We shall see wast Colorado has to offer.  
How much of this weather is just my excuse to be lazy or is it part of my grieving process.  Either way, I am not comfortable with laziness.  It makes me feel worthless.  That ain't no good!  I am going to try my hand at quilt as you go method.  Now to get the motivation!  It takes knowing how to put colors together in the right way to look random and pleasing to the eye.  I have never had that skill so that is my roadblock.  Jetta had a good eye for colors.  It is a gift.  Making it happen is painful for me.  But I have all this fabric and this sewing skill that I need to use.  So, I guess I need to attempt to do this thing.  UGH!  I wish I had a hobby I was crazy about doing.   I have the time but I wish it were something I thought I could do well.  I did upholstery pretty well, but I have no place to do it and it also requires a lot of physical stamina and my shoulder has not healed from the last 2 years working on furniture.  Oh well...  If I get around to this quilting thing, I'll post pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment