Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Still Finding the New Normal




What is the new normal when you have gone through a couple deaths.  I have lost 2 of the most important people from my childhood.  I guess I have lost 3 if you count my daddy, who died in 1979.  Tough to lose these important people, yet that is life.  The way I handle it and the things I take from all three and pass on will be the way I want to "handle" this time.  I know I can recall all the great  lessons they taught me and all the comfort they provided me.  Now it is my turn to carry on and do the same for others.  Not sure who, but maybe it not even family members.   I am still finding out what things I like to do, hobbies, etc.   I have time for things of that sort and I am finding my way.  I am not in a hurry.  I have spent too much of my life in a hurry to get somewhere or get past a stage or you name it.  It has been the hurry up and wait game and I don't want to play anymore.  I am still very fortunate to have a sister and brother-in-law who is more like my brother.  I plan on making time to stay in close contact with them.


My mother and her sister


Me


My Jetta


My sister


My daddy


My mother's 5 grandchildren, Love them all!




1 comment:

  1. You'll get to that place in time where the smiles takes over the sorrow.

    ReplyDelete