Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Elephant in the Room

Grief can be such a big elephant in the room.   There is an expiration date on grief, or is there?  I say there should not be.  But society does.  I should be over the death of my beloved sister.  I can not be yet.  I long for more days with her.  I long to tell her I love my big sissy one more time, I want to tell her things or ask her advise which I did often, I want to have another holiday with her...  And that is just my sister.  My mother is gone!  My mother who was always there for me in one way or another.  I want to tell her she was a great mother one more time, celebrate her amazing number of birthdays one more time, hear her sing something one more time, kiss her sweet cheek one more time...  It seems like the days need to get easier and they just have not yet.  So I am embracing this grief over losing my sister , then my mother.  How else will I move on?  So, on this father's day that my own wonderful father must be enjoying, I celebrate those three most important people of my life, gone from my sight, but not from my memory or from me, I know you all are with me, there is still this hole in my heart where you once were.  Enjoy heaven and each other!


I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment