Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Chair # 1 and Mr Kitty

This is the first chair I re-upholstered. This is the after picture, the before is down there.   It was a chair I bought at a thrift store years ago and attempted to build a cover for it.  After years of use we moved it to the back porch where it saw lots of life and spiders.  I was contemplating putting it out for big trash day but decided to re-purpose it.   Mr Kitty found the chair quite comfy.

 Here is it in it's "naked" state.  That is always a treat to strip a piece of furniture.  It is hard work but satisfying.
Now to start over and layer on new foam and "stuff".

 That back cushion is attached to the back and I am not fond of that method.  It is not easy and never quite looks as good as I would want.

 This is almost finished, and the finished project is in the first picture, duh!  It is a very comfortable chair.  It now sits in my "Jetta" room.  That's a story I will share one day, not today.
There is a green thread in this chair.  It is very much obvious in more than one way.  There is the obvious green dot in the fabric.  The most important green thread is the new life this old chair has.
.So here is the before picture, yes at the end of the post but I'm new to this blogging thing!  It just so happens that each cat got to be represented in this post, Maestro napping in the before picture.  I am glad I re-upholstered this chair.

1 comment: