Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Chair # 2

This is a picture I took in Colorado Springs a couple years ago.  There was a summer afternoon thunderstorm and the layers were so beautiful.  This is not a black and white picture, just not much color.  But I can see a green thread, can you?

Another thrift store chair.  I attempted to make a cover for it years ago and this one became the kitty scratching post by default.  Well, he had to scratch somewhere and this was the least important piece in the living room.  When I decided to redo this chair I had to buy him a real cat tree and he has scratched the daylights out of it.  This chair is definitely ugly but the overall structure of the chair is one I like.

Naked chair.

Here it is in it's almost "naked" state, but I have already added the basic first layer to it.  That back is a super stiff cardboard used in upholstery.  It was very difficult to cut.  One of my first mistakes in the early days was not working on the wood work before upholstery.
Here it is with the foam and the fabric on the seat.  Not bad so far for a beginner.  
 The back was fairly easy but looks really cool.  It did require straight sewing but I did OK.
After adding the red back and buttons on the back, it was chair #2 complete.  This is the green of this chair, the grass from my mother's house in the spring.  This chair now lives at my neighbors house.  It looks great in
her house.
One of the most beautiful places on earth.  Westcliffe, Colorado  I would love to spend a lot of time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment