Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Thursday, February 5, 2015

As We Wait

As we wait I am flooded with memories and things I wish I had said and ways I could have treated my dear mother with more respect...  It leaves me feeling sad and at 93, I wish I had had more time with her.  Would there ever be enough time?  She was easily my most significant mentor.  The only other ones were my deceased sister and my sister who I still have.  So grateful for my sister.  She and I have each other to comfort and work together with during this difficult time.  And it has difficult.  Bless her heart my sweet mother is deep in her sleep.  Her body is shutting down and she seems very peaceful.  We have stood vigil all week.  We are now on day 4.  I guess it could happen at any time.  I hope it is a sweet passing with a crowd waiting for her on the other side.  She should have quite a cheering squad there.  She has 2 daughters, a husband, a mother and father, 2 sisters, 3 brothers, a MIL and FIL and BIL's and SIL and numerous friends.  But the main crowd will be my daddy and sisters and her parents and siblings.  I can see them gathered there.


Let us lay before the Master from the dawn till setting sun
Let us talk of all his wonderous love and care
And when all of life is over and our work on earth is done
When the roll is called up yonder I'll be there
When the roll is called up yonder...
 when the roll is called up yonder
When the roll is called up yonder when the roll is called up yonder I'll be there.

One of her favorite songs she sang herself to sleep with almost every night until Mon.    I must go and enjoy all the time I can with her, even if she is almost comatose.  The hearing is last to go and I want her to know more than anything that I will see her there.


No comments:

Post a Comment