Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Beginning of a Journey

My mother is starting on that journey and we are taking it part way with her.  Tomorrow I fly out to be with her.  Who knows how long I will stay.  But I want to soak up all the time I can with her before she crosses that river.  She has been waiting to cross that river for a while, but God knew she had more lives to influence before going on that journey.  I have already cried a bucket of tears, just knowing that she is slipping away.  I can sense it in my spirit.  She still attacks each day with the positiveness that she has always had.  Before I moved to Colorado, I sat with her and got some of songs on video/audio.   Here is one of the songs she thought of since I would not be seeing her everyday.




This is the beginning.  I just hope I can make it there before she crosses the river.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful treasure you have right there! I was the only one with my Mom when she passed. She was in a coma and didn't hear me tell her how much I loved her. Please give your Mom a gentle hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Friend! It is a precious time.

    ReplyDelete