Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Friday, January 30, 2015

My Mother

My mother is beginning to show more failure than she has before.  It seems she is getting ready for a journey, the journey of her life.  I am far away and feel more out of touch than is comfortable.  The news this week is that she has pneumonia.  Home health just turned her over to hospice.  That is good for my sister, because she is living with my sister and BIL.  My sister tells me a lot, but I'm sure I only get a small portion of what is going on there.  Just as I was leaving to come home from my last visit which was 3 weeks ago, my mother was having more and more trouble using her legs.  I understand she can not use them now.  So, as I start this journey, I have put together a mix of pictures I had readily available on my computer.  I believe I have the best mother in the universe.  She was always loving and continues to be.  She had a heart for God and lived it ALWAYS.  She has the most scripture hidden in her heart of anyone I know.  In the midst of her growing dementia, she can still quote scripture.   Oh, that I might learn from her even in her demise!  I still see her touching lives all the time.  She's still here for some reason.




Here she is with my sister talking about how sad she was that her Jetta was dying.



Here she is in a hat.  


Still the pretty lady!


Here she is with her brother on the right and her BIL on the left at the reunion before Jetta died.


Some years back with her brother and her three daughters


In her garden with her walking stick that my son made for her.


My son and his wonderful Mema.




Looking pretty for a Comfort Keepers commercial.


Back in the day, that is one beautiful exotic woman.


The family at Christmas, 1981.


Here she is loving my first two.


Mother's Day, 1990, with my son.


Mother and oldest sister in Fort Worth.


Pretty lady in Kansas City in the early 70's.


My mom and dad.




My cousin, Jetta and mother


Mother and her grandchildren


Mother and her two daughters and my sister's daughter.


Mother and Jetta on one of their many trips with Schauten.


Mother and Jetta and Miss Daisy


Mother and Jetta cooking together, which they did a lot of the last few years Jetta was alive.


Mother and her three daughters.


Mother and Jetta


Mother and Jetta


Back a ways, 1981, mother BIL and Jetta


Mother and her daughters at Easter.


Mother and her grandchildren minus the youngest who was not born yet.


Mother in Colorado.  Jetta LOVED Colorado!


Jetta's shadow while taking pictures while in Colorado


Way back with mother, my oldest sister, Jetta and the neighbors dog.  She made the matching dresses!


Cooking with Jetta


Mother with her sister and brother.


Mother with her brother and sister and their dolls.



With my dad's mom and Jetta


Mother with my sisters


Mother, father and Jetta


Mother and daddy


Christmas before any grandchildren, notice the tiny dog, Prissyee.


My oldest and her favorite Mema!



My BIL and mother at his birthday, she gave him peanut butter!


Going down the pathway to my son's wedding.


My husband with her this last fall


Mema with her oldest grandaughter and her husband


My son and his Mema


Getting love from the first granddaughter's daughter






My youngest with her Mema


In her rose garden




Recently


BIL and mother


At her 90th birthday party.



Her brother at her 90th birthday party.  This party lasted a full weekend with lots of family here from all over.


Her oldest grandchild at her 90th


Nephew and wife at the party


Another nephew at the party


No 1 granddaughter at party


My dad's sister left, mother and my first daughter at the party


WE all sang songs at her party.


Her precious niece at the party, her husband painted a wonderful lighthouse for my mother.


Her brother again


My daughter's wedding and my mother and her great grandchild, the first granddaughter's child, the oldest and and youngest at the wedding.


My son and his mema at the wedding


At the wedding with my son's best friend.  Behind her is the bride and groom.





Looking perk after surgery years ago


Another in the rose garden


Siblings


My husband with his Mema!


Me and my mother


looking pretty


My youngest and her Mema




Years ago, Niece, Jetta, Mother, my youngest and me


My youngest and her Mema

So, there you have a sampling of my dear mother.  I hope to get more visits with her before this is all just a dream.  I also pray for peaceful passing.

1 comment: