Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Great Trip

I had a great time back in Oklahoma.  I saw my mother, daughters, sister and BIL, and other family members.   But, it is so good to be home.



My gnome buddies last year.

My mother seems to be at a new interesting place lately.  We are not sure what it all means.  She is having more and more trouble standing and moving.  It takes more than one person to get her in bed.  This is all new.  She seems to be in some sort of pain a lot.  My sister is meeting with hospice in the morning.  I guess this could be the end of life stuff happening.  We just are not sure.  She could live another 5 years, just don't know.

My oldest daughter had the flu while I was there.  She began to feel puny Sunday afternoon, but Sunday evening she was sick.  I was exposed on Sunday, and still have no symptoms, 4 days later.  Maybe I will not get it!  Poor thing, she has been really sick.   But as of today, she is improving.

The other daughter had us over for dinner and we had the most amazing roasted vegetable enchiladas. 



and guacamole! 

 She is a great cook, actually both my daughters are GREAT cooks, and now I have a daughter-in-law that is also a great cook!  I don't need to cook anymore, just kidding!  I love to cook!

All in all it was a nice visit.  I got to love on my mother and my daughters and that was wonderful.  Watching my mother's decline while inevitable is still disturbing.  But she still loves big!   We shall see how things go from here.  This may be a new normal.



No comments:

Post a Comment