Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Monday, August 24, 2015

To Maryland and Oklahoma and Texas and Back

We had a big birthday celebration for the MIL who just turned 80.  We had about 60 guests come help us celebrate a life well lived so far.  We had lots of good food and drink and candy and flowers and gifts and relatives that felt like we had always known each other!  What a great family.  Here are a sprinkling of pictures.  I have many more on my camera waiting to uploaded.



The birthday girl on her actual birthday at Amalfi's, Rockville, Md.  That is eggplant parmesan and it was delicious!


I found a great bakery and this was her cake.  It was gluten-free so we could share with the daughter.


The room where the party took place.


The guest of honor's flowers.


Wine, compliments of a great cousin.


part of the group the next morning.

There really are more pictures, later...

Then, on the Oklahoma and Texas.  In Texas I saw cousins I had not seen for many years from my father's side.



And more, I just did not get very good pictures.  This is my cousin's Model T.

Then on the see my mother's only brother still living.


Still a handsome man.  He is still a sharp man, just has had not such an easy time health wise.  He is mending in an assisted living center before going home.


What is left of my grandmother's house, unfortunate house fire while unoccupied


Swinging bridge in Mills County Texas.


My selfie with my cousin's grandson.  He was a very special 9 yr old boy with a very bright mind.

More pictures when I get more comfortable with light room.  UGH!  No Fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment