Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Gratefulness

So much to be grateful for.

We went to see the MIL on Dec 4th.  It was a very nice time with her.  I came home after 3 days and the husband stayed a bit longer to have mother/son time.  It rained the whole time I was there, but that's ok.   The DC area is nice in the rain.  But once again I was reminded why I could NEVER live there for any length of time, too many people.  Oh massive amounts of people.  We were driving in the rain  in the 5:00 rush hour traffic, dark, and it was just awful.  People do that each and every day.  How do they not go crazy, oh wait , they do.  We live in an area that has plenty of people but not that many!  And we have most of the conveniences that a very populated place has.  For that I am very grateful.


On the trip home, somewhere over Kansas, we had another jet fly under us.


Wonderful friends at the Christmas party we attended while in Maryland.


The husband before he sold his tie to another party attendee!  He just bought it right there at the party!  Funny guy!


Maestro loving the garland and lights.


The stockings were placed...


The cats lined up watching the guys starting up the new snow-blower.


An angel I found in Maryland that Jetta would have loved and so I got for me in honor of Jetta.


Breakfast with the kids at the Speed Trap in Palmer Lake, CO.


Eggs benedict on crepes.


Bison bratwurst


Ham and cheese Crepe.


Eggs bacon and potatoes.

Just living life here in /Colorado and noticing each and every day how providential it is being here.  We attended a Christmas party last Sat for empty-nesters from our church and had a great time.  About 25 couples were there and age range from our age to older.  We ate BBQ and sang Christmas carols.  It was something that would not have happened if we had chosen to stay in OK.  We were in a rut in OK.  Nothing wrong with living in OK, but we needed a clean slate/fresh start.  And let me tell you doing that is not easy or for the faint of heart.  Although it was a good thing to do, there have been numerous times we doubted why we did this.  But with each thing we see and mostly every day, we know this was the right move and we have only begun to see God's hand in this move.  I am not good at capturing the views we get here.  But the views each day are so wonderful.


Just this morning we had trees frosted from fog and cold temperatures.  This is not a pic I took, but one O found online to show how it looked.  The trees looked like lace.

A good place to live, Colorado.



1 comment:

  1. Moving at our ages is so hard to do - but the best decision we have ever made. I realized it was just the memories our old home held. I finally learned that I can bring them with me wherever I go. I am happy here.

    ReplyDelete