Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Monday, December 29, 2014

New Year Coming...


Last Christmas at my sister's house


Just a bit icy!


It will soon be a new year and I want to make sure I make some changes this year.  I have done the resolution thing, and failed at those resolutions.  It has actually been a long time since I took part of that ritual.  This is different.  I have already begun to make those changes and while I am still in the phase that these changes are not comfortable yet, I am not giving up.  It all started back in the summer when I realized what it really meant to leave a place I had lived for 35 years!  While we wanted to make the move and dreamed about it for years, the actual move and leaving family and loved ones behind was extremely painful.  During that pain and second-guessing, I went back to the source of my strength, My heavenly Father.  I never completely lost touch with Him over the years, just not as close as I always wanted to be.  In essence this move made me rely on God and His word for my strength.  That has been a wonderful thing for me.  I am on my way back to a place where I have great relationship with my Lord.  Along that thought, we have found a church that meets our needs here in Colorado.  We struggled with not having one in Oklahoma.  We have a great group of future friends here at Cathedral Rock Church in Northern El Paso county.  I say they are future because we are not quite there yet but see it as a real probability.

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve service and look forward to the empty-nesters New Year's Eve get together.  That will be our excitement for New Year's Eve.

This year we will join the YMCA again and I look forward to using their equipment to continue my walking.  It will be very easy to walk and watch the front range out the window.  It is nice that it is 5 minutes form our home.

I will also be making one trip a month to Oklahoma to see my mother and my 2 daughters.  The first one will be soon and I am also treating myself and the husband to a visit to our Chiropractor!  That is always like a Christmas present we give ourselves.

Back to my goals for this year,  I mainly want to finish adapting to the higher elevation and breath better and lower my b/p without medication and eat healthier and feel like hiking and seeing all of this beautiful land we moved here to enjoy.  I also want to keep my mind active and enjoy the freedom I have to have hobbies.

We can all hope for a good year and at the same time be prepared to weather any storm that might come.  We live in a world where one can never tell from day to day what might be coming.  That is why I like to be prepared just as my mother has always taught me.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Adapting to new surroundings gets easier as time passes. And you learn (sometimes the hard way!) on what your limits are. Good to get the exercise in. It will make you stronger. And new friends are always a joy to have!

    ReplyDelete