Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Friday, September 25, 2015

I Love IKEA!

I needed a new desk area that could include my sewing area.  I started looking at other people's creative areas and realized that IKEA was an option.  I first had planned to make one whole side of my office/sewing room tables with drawer units.  But we decided the corner piece would make the room.  So, the husband and I went to IKEA in Denver and along with hundreds of other people that saturday, we wondered through the store going up and down all through all the areas.  It was not our first time, but our first time when we lived close enough to buy big stuff and take it home, YAY!!!  One of the things I was looking for was chairs for the son and DIL's new place for their dining table.  They have them!  LOTs of them!  I found the best ones and was able to afford to buy cushions to make them comfy.  But of course they had to be put together.  No problem.  The son and I put them together with NO problem.  That would be the first of many pieces of furniture I learned to put together.



The one on the left.

My office/sewing room:


The table before the drawer units, they were backordered.


The beloved Baron, being with!


The first drawer unit I built


The desk drawer unit that I use for business.


The blood blister from hitting my thumb with a hammer.


The desk area.


The sewing drawer before, and the famous IKEA L allan wrench.


All the pieces that need to be used.




One tool


Another tool


Another tool


Finished product.


The daybed I built.






Open makes a king size bed.


Here is it's daily look.  I have since added a pretty cover and pillow shams that match.

So here you have my IKEA projects.  If you want my help, Call. I'll be glad to put your furniture together!



No comments:

Post a Comment