Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Last Day of September

Nothing significant about the last day of September.  I just wanted to get one more blog post in before a new month.  I am trying to stay up with my blog even when I don't have much to blog about.
I did finally upload all the pictures from the big birthday party this summer.  That alone is a couple of days posting.  I will start with the real birthday dinner.  It was to be only the MIL and the husband and me.  But I knew that the firstborn red-haired angel girl was in town early and was going to surprise her grandmother by joining us for dinner.  It was great.  Just the 4 of us at one of our favorite Italian places in Rockville.  Amalfi's is some amazing Italian food.



She had eggplant Parmesan with angel hair pasta.  The best!!!


My Eggplant Parmesan!


The daughter had softshell crab.


Wine...


Cake.


The grandmother and her red-haired angel.


Daughter's salad, very yummy


The bakery where I got the cake.



The baker.  He was great and has a great little shop right off Norbeck Road, Les Delices Bakery.  Oh my!  Some wonderful things, and plenty of gluten free desserts.

The real birthday dinner was wonderful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment