Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunday Adventure

After a GREAT service at church today, The husband and I took a picnic up into the mountains.  Can't live this close to remote and not visit it occasionally.  After all the saying,"The mountains are calling and I must go," is true.  I took pictures with my camera but have not uploaded them yet so here are a few from my phone.





Aspens





Big rock and one lonely aspen



Pikes peak.


We went up in to the mountains a different way this time.  It was really fun.  It is amazing that this close to civilization is total remoteness.  You would need to stay if it got dark while you were there,  There is no driving this in the dark!  But we had a great time.  I will post more pictures of where we had our lunch and the groves of golden aspens we saw.  

Then there was the moon.  The eclipse and blood moon.  I got some pretty bad pictures and some that did not even look like what I was seeing.  Not sure why that happened but according to FB, others had the same issue.  But it was interesting.


The eclispe


What I saw was not at all like this,  it was half  darkened.  But it was very interesting.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment