Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Monday, August 7, 2017

Music: First Song On My iTunes

Music often inspires.  When it doesn't or I'm too much into my head I have to use ideas like this to share music.  That's why the first song on my iTunes is today's selection.  Being part of my list it has to have some background and it does.  Today's is Abaddon's Bolero, Emerson, Lake and Palmer.


It is a long tune.  But it builds.  Give it a listen.  This takes me back to high school.  I was part of the "music" group in high school.  I spent time in the practice rooms and sang in the choir and obviously played the piano in a serious way.  My group LOVED ELP.  They were doing what we all wished we could do, make amazing music that took a boatload of talent.  Their music mixed our beloved classical music with the rock of the 70s.  It still has a great sound today.  Good music has no expiration date.  That works here.  Yes, of course there are sounds that represent a certain "era".  But overall this is great music.  If you like this, you must listen to From the Beginning.



As you can tell, now the music is inspired.  Enjoy!


1 comment: