Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

When did Christmas become so fast paced?

Has it always been this fast paced?  Or was there ever a time that it was nice and slow paced enough to go caroling and bake cookies and all the other traditions that take time?  It’s been a stressful busy time for as long as I can remember.  When my children were very young we had no money for gifts and we made gifts.  Of course that made the time around the holiday busy but we still had time to do things like decorate and we loved it.  It was important to have the Christmas music on and we baked and ate cookies and candy and gave it away to neighbors and loved ones.  Things changed when the kids were in the homeschool basketball program.  Actually a lot changed then and mostly I wish we had avoided that program completely!  The people in charge of that program did not have my kids best interest at heart!  It took years for me to see that clearly.  The director was a wolf dressed in sheep’s clothing!  But back to Christmas,  because of this I only tolerate Christmas today.  I want to make it special for my granddaughter and each year she becomes more aware will help me to get in the spirit of Christmas.  I will always be beyond grateful for God’s Son becoming a baby and made flesh for me.





Another card...

Another Christmas song...





No comments:

Post a Comment