Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Monday, October 13, 2014

A Good Sunday

We went to church Sunday.  It was a great service.  The people were friendly, the music inspiring, and the sermon great.  The one hymn we sang was one I have known since I was old enough to sing.  It spoke reminded me of something I needed to be reminded of.


  1. All to Jesus I surrender;
    All to Him I freely give;
    I will ever love and trust Him,
    In His presence daily live.
    • Refrain:
      I surrender all,
      I surrender all;
      All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
      I surrender all.
  2. All to Jesus I surrender;
    Humbly at His feet I bow,
    Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
    Take me, Jesus, take me now.
  3. All to Jesus I surrender;
    Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
    Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
    Truly know that Thou art mine.
  4. All to Jesus I surrender;
    Lord, I give myself to Thee;
    Fill me with Thy love and power;
    Let Thy blessing fall on me.
  5. All to Jesus I surrender;
    Now I feel the sacred flame.
    Oh, the joy of full salvation!

    Glory, glory, to His Name!

I have heard it for years and never did I realize that when I surrender all it also means my worries and fears and anxieties, of which I have a lot lately!  I have to give those over to God along with the most obvious.  So much in the news to worry have fear and be anxious about, but God wants me to surrender all that, also!  What a relief this can be if I do this each and every day.  Sounds easy, but it will take some practice and commitment to do this.

After church we went for a drive, after all we live in a beautiful place.  We drove almost to county line on the east side then headed west to the mountains.  It was raining/snowing so we had no intentions of doing anything dumb like driving way up in the mountains that had snow above 9000 ft.  But we did head up Mount Herman road.  It is one pathway to get to Woodland Park, treacherous but one way.


Mount Herman


Lots of short scrubby oaks


A view back over the Springs


See how the road is?  Scary!


A look down in the valley and that rock.


This is a closer up view of that rock.




Pines


This rock is one we can see from our back deck.  It sits at the base of Mount Herman.


Fall colors.

So, we went part way up and headed down.  One day we will go all the way up.  This morning these mountains have snow down to 7-8000 ft!  You can also see the splotches of aspens that are just turning golden.  Beautiful!  

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have been with you on this little jaunt, and to be with you on this life's journey!

    ReplyDelete