Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I Need Some Motivation

The move is done, and now life is settling back to a semi-routine.  The only thing lacking is motivation on my part to keep me from going crazy with nothing to do.  I read other blogs and envy all the busyness!  Never thought I would ever say that.  But here I am.  I love to cook, not afraid of really hard recipes.  The only problem with cooking is what to do with it when it is done.  The husband and I are trying to not eat more than we need, and at our age our daily caloric intake should be dropping.  That does not leave room for cooking much.  I could make quilts or some sort of cute thing like that but I just moved and I have way too many blankets that my mother made and I made over the years.  I hate to make something and then have too much and no more storage to put it in.  I hurt my wrist finishing that last piece of furniture and am still struggling with it.  So that cuts out getting into my upholstery.  Besides, I just gave away one of the chairs I redid last year.  I have NO room for more projects.  I thought about making gifts for Christmas, like trying my hand at making bath products. I may do that, but I really just want something to sink my time into that will be satisfying, not making gifts for Christmas.  I am sure I'll come up with something I can do that will be a good hobby.  I love my upholstery but it is so very physical and what in the world does one do with all the pieces of furniture that I do when it is done?


Another issue for me is still that moving here was always my dream and now that I am here, I would love to go visit those mountains, but it is bordering on winter time in them thar hills and going up in them is not a good idea for me alone.  The husband is WAY too busy to go with me and I know no one here to go with.  So here I sit looking at them just right there and I can only look.

Sound like all I can do is complain!  But I really have much to be thankful for.  This is a beautiful neighborhood and a lovely house, and so in that regards I have no complaints.

I am trying to figure out where to go from here.  I am not ready to "retire", not even close to that age.  It is just hard to figure out that next goal to set for my self.  I am goal-driven.  Seems like the goals we have had for years took a turn and I am not sure how to get back on track or if we even want to get back on that track.  So now not only am I off track, I am not sure if we want that track we dreamed about for years.  It is a real soul-searching time.  Another reason to sink my heart and soul into some sort of project to take my mind off my aimlessness that I feel right now.  Aimlessness is a horrible state of mind.  There is literally nothing fun to do with an aimless mind.  Yesterday I was aimlessly about trying to find something to do in the Springs.  Drove by Garden of the Gods, and drove down through old Colorado City, then ended up where I like to shop, needing nothing, at Costco!  That is my kind of shopping.  But I don't need to buy anymore groceries!  How do others do it?  You would think I would have figured this out by now.  Not yet!

Enough of my griping.  I really hope not many read this.  It is a bit of a soul dump, and not pretty.  If you made it this far, sorry for the waste of your time.  Better stuff, later.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning, You could always come visit me! You could teach a class on your ability to recover furniture. Join a bible study group! Wait one more day and things will look better! I feel like everyone is so busy around me!
    I try to keep positive and just wait this hump out!
    I have always felt the darkness at this time of the year! Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there! Try something entirely new - like painting with pastels. I was bored with EVERYTHING! The house, cleaning, laundry an even my adorable chickens (got over that one, though!) Went to the craft store and saw the pastels - well, I liked it - it's almost like coloring! And who didn't enjoy coloring???

    ReplyDelete