Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Keeping Up

I have had a lot of trouble keeping up with all in my life much less this blog.  Because I moved, I guess blogspot thought my blog got hacked because I was coming from a different IP address.  That's the reason for the last post about losing my blog.  I could not find it and had no access to it.  I finally did just the right thing and there it was.


So, now the OK house is sold, we are all moved in to the CO house and things are pretty much where we want them. This weekend was move time for the son and DIL.  They are moved in to our home temporarily until they get on their feet with jobs and well whatever it takes.  They are the most gracious house mates.  Today was the unpacking the UHaul day and of course things are all over the place.  Much of their stuff will stay packed and we have made room in the garage to do that.  Magically we will have room for 3 cars in the 3-car garage!  How's that for making room.  At the present time, the basement is a wreck.  The storeroom is being transformed into a nice office and storage room for some of our stuff and theirs.  So all that stuff waiting to be stored is in their living space.  Talk about uncomfortable!!!  But the workers should be done mid to late this week.


This is our shed that I organized.  Plenty of room!  That is our dear Johh Deere, that we do not need at this house but could not sell for cheap!


Another successful loaf of bread!


My Kitty playing on the stairs.


The store room contents taking up the living area of the son and DIL.


Progress on the store room/office.




The UHaul leaving OKC.


Westward...


The husband visiting with my mother while in OK.


The son and his traveling partner to their new home in CO.  There was also a lovely DIL and another shy cat.


Chicken pot pies, pre-baked, waiting when they arrived in CO.

I feel somewhat all turned upside down.  I know a major move is hard.  The husband and I always said our next and last move would be to our forever home.  This is not it!  It is a lovely house and it is quite beautiful and large.  But it is in a neighborhood and we want some land around us.  Not a huge amount but at lest an acre and maybe not so many rules of what you can't and can have.  This move was for a time, but after how hard it was I wish this was the forever one because I don't want to do this again!  And at the same time, I want some dirt around me and not have neighbors so close.  Oh, well, who knows this might be the house.  It might grow on me with time.  Time will tell.  But this whole move has upset our original plans that we had been making for years when we dreamed about where we wanted to end up.    As we age and our abilities diminish, we want to be able to sustain a lifestyle that is more self sufficient but appropriate for our age.  So, having a farm and a tough life that brings is not in the cards for us.  Not to start at this age.  But it would be nice to have a garden and grow a lot of fresh vegetables that we eat.  It would be nice to have a wood burning efficient fireplace.  It would be our desire to not live in a major city or even near one but close to a secondary sized one so we still have health care places and some other conveniences.  We do love a climate that does not have 110 degree summers.  So, where is this place?  Probably somewhere here in CO.  Did I mention I don't want to move again!  

Meanwhile, we are going to enjoy a close relationship with our son and DIL!  They are wonderful, respectful young people.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I think that feeling of being unsettled is really tough. We have had three good friends move away as I told you I think, and it is so hard. The real fall weather is blowing in tonight it feels like. So glad your kids made it safely.
    The pot pies looked so pretty and so fancy Hang in there it will all work out!

    ReplyDelete