Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Getting Used to Colorado-Living!

There is a lot to get used to:  different house, much higher elevation, unsettled pets, loss of time with family and friends...  But there is a lot to enjoy:  nice house, beautiful views, great weather, and the possibilities of much more.



Fall colors and the mountains.


Pikes peak from the front porch, it is white today.


Maestro enjoying a window with aspens changing behind him.


New cat tree


The stairs and the railing that Maestro wants to jump on!  Still trying to figure out how to keep him from falling to his death or injury off that!


My first loaf of homemade bread, success!!!


Both cats loving their new cat tree.

So, all in all besides the lonliness while the husband was gone for a week, this is a great place to live.  It is not quite home, but I am working on it.  Until then, there will be times I feel like I have made a big mistake leaving my comfort zone.  In those times I must rely on this scripture; 

 “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” – Phil. 4:8

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning! Fall is here, and I know you miss your other home so much!
    Give it time and you will find your way...
    It is always easier in our minds to move than the actual move itself.
    The warm sunshine will return and you will find yourself busy, making your new house a HOME!
    It is foggy here today and cold, I have a fire going to warm up the house.
    So glad you made it!!
    Email me soon
    Yours, Roxy

    ReplyDelete