Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Monday, April 28, 2014

Another Chair Done

Another chair done and 5 or 6 more left to do.  Most of these have no homes, and no one wants my chairs.  I must be a bad re-upholsterer.  At this point I don't care, I am enjoying working on them.  I guess I will eventually try to sell them in a garage sale or something.





Here it is.  I like it and it sits well.   I guess when I finish the next 5 or 6 chairs I will quit doing upholstery.  There is no reason to keep doing it and filling our house with chairs.  Now I need to find a new thing to do.  I certainly have enjoyed doing this.  Sad to see it go.  But I have learned a lot and I think if I need it in the future I can pick it up again.  But before I am done I have these 2 chairs from h_ll with enough staples in them to finish a dozen chairs.  I have finally stripped one!  It is my next chair.


It is a cool barrel back chair and the fabric I want to use is perfect.  Then when I have this cool chair, I have no where to put it but back in the garage.  Not sure why I'm doing this.


My new tool.  I broke my last one.  But this one is one piece of metal.  If I break this one, I hope I don't.  It would hurt badly.  More on this chair as I work on it.


Today was a pedi day.  I took my girls to get a pedicure today.  It was a fun time.  We all deserved it.  Then we had lunch together.  I do love my three girls.


1 comment:

  1. You're amazing at what you do! That and the fact that you enjoy it is PLENTY of reason to do as many chairs as you like :) I love you and I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete