Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Garden Work

I took my time and rested a lot today.  After a much needed afternoon nap I went outside to see what the husband was doing.  He had rescued the old tomato cages from last summer and had started to build another small raised bed garden area.  I was able to help some.  So glad I had the opportunity to help.  We have a small barn that has a wood floor.  Sometime during this winter the gophers dug up and deposited the largest pile of dirt inside the barn.  It was enough dirt to fill the new little raised bed garden.  I hate gophers, but we took this lemon and made lemonade.










The husband trying to start our badass rototiller.  Today was not the day.


That's his hat.


Faithful dog.


Caught this gnome cozying up to the spinach.


Redbud


This gnome is waiting for the tomato plants.


Carrots out of the winter garden.  They were SO sweet!


New potato plant coming up.


32 years later and we still love to spend our time together.

1 comment: