Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Better Late Than Never...

I have not wanted to blog.  Many reasons.  I just returned from a whirlwind trip to the DC area.  Had a great visit with the MIL.  This was the first trip out with her in assisted living and no place to stay, well, not her home.  I stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn.  It was nice and clean.  It was just a 30 minute drive to her assisted living home.  But in this area, the hotels are all centered in certain areas and where she lives in NO where near any of these areas.  Also, this is summertime in the DC area, and it is prime vacation time.  This means LOTS of people and tourists and hotels full and kind of crazy.  It was not a bad visit, just a lot of time on the road.  The visit with the MIL was quite wonderful.



She crab soup.  It was wonderful.


The MIL's red velvet cupcake.  I did not taste but she said it was wonderful.


This is Leo, the dog that belongs to the residences, but he prefers my MIL to anyone else, so he lives in her room.  Here he is waiting for her outside the ladies room door.

  It was sweet time with a lovely lady.  We went to lunch and shopped a little, and spent some time just visiting in her room.  It will get better the more we time we spend getting used to the new arrangements.  I am fortunate to have a great MIL.  Not everyone can say that.

 The chair has not been worked on since I missed class last night.  I needed to recoup after eating at the airport the night before.  The people serving seemed angry and made me wonder if they were poisoning us.  I took some time and feel better today.  While I love Southwest Airlines, their partner, Air Tran is horrible.  I had to take a flight that was serviced by AT to get the most out of my time with the MIL.  The first mistake was flying into Atlanta.  Sorry if you love Atlanta, but the airport is famous for being the worst in the world.  That is not me saying that, it is just fact.  But I survived and was only late by 45 minutes.  But back to class tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment