Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Time For a New Chair

I am starting a new chair tomorrow.  Today was stripping day.  I put 100% into getting a chair ready to reupholster.  Sometimes that means that I use superhuman strength to get the staples out.  Using my superhuman strength like that makes me tired.  That is where I am right now.  But so glad to have it mostly ready to cover.  I have considered doing this chair 2 different ways.





I am leaning towards one of the Indian blankets.  I think with our leather love seat and the chair from my mother's house the Indian blanket would look good.


Not exactly the same but will blend.




Some befores.


One cat enjoying the chair in its natural state.




Both cats needed to see what it was all about.  You can't plan these things...quirky cats...

I have this chair that I reupholstered and it did not really fit anywhere until I discovered that some fabric that I saved from Jetta's estate last summer actually looks great with it.  Jetta got this fabric to do something for her bedroom.  I will probably recover an old rocking chair that was our great-grandmothers with this fabric and let these two chairs be in my guest room together.




How great will that look?  With a bedcover that is that rust color?!  It will be a wonderful guest room.

If we change our address in the next few months, the guest room will get some use, I hope.  All my loved ones better come stay a bit and enjoy the beauty God gave us.  You will not be disappointed.  So as they say in the south, "Y'all come!"



1 comment:

  1. I love you! (You can do that in blog comments, right?)

    ReplyDelete