Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, June 1, 2014

A New Month

Well, it is June.  Who knows what June will bring this year.  It is going to be different from last year.  I am taking a couple of trips.  I am going to Washington DC and Colorado.  Gonna go have a girl's weekend with the MIL.  It will be fun except that part where I have to stay in a hotel.  But it is better this way.  But she and I both need a visit with each other.  I love my MIL.  She is great.  It's been a difficult year for her with all her hospital visits then giving up her home for a safer environment for her.  Although it was the best thing, there is still some grieving to be done when you no longer have your own home.  So, we will go do the things we like to do and generally enjoy each others company.  I am also going to Colorado.  For many reasons, the main one being to get a look at some houses.  Yes, we may be changing our address someday. I am also going to have a short but sweet visit with an old friend.  So looking forward to that visit and the whole trip.  If there is anything interesting to report from either trip, I am sure it will appear here.


I am also taking the intense upholstery class.  It will be three times a week for four hours each night.  I better get a lot done.  We will see how my faulty shoulder does with this much activity.  The first chair will be this one.



Before



Naked

I will also be overseeing some fixing up on my house.  Notice I said I will be overseeing, not DIY-ing.  I am not good enough for that method.

I have spent the last month and the better part of this last year looking back.  There is nothing wrong with looking back and it is even good, but there comes a time when looking forward is necessary.  I have reached that point.  There will certainly be times to reflect and wonder what would Jetta have done and I will do that pretty much daily.  But I can never forget my sister and the big impact she had on my life.  She would want me to move on and that's what I am doing.  I will devote the 8th of each month to reflect back.


Again.  Can you feel the love?




2 comments:

  1. It was a heartwarming, beautiful month. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so sad that one of your trips isn't to Azle for the reunion. We are going to miss you all so much. All of my kids are going and I would love for them to visit with you. Be careful on your trips. Love you.

    ReplyDelete