Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Trouble With the Chair

The trouble with Indian blankets is that they are not fabric, or at least not regular fabric, much less upholstery fabric.  I was very careful to put iron on interfacing on the backs of all the blankets.  But  with all the prep, I still found out that you can not cover a cushion with this blanket.  No matter how hard I tried to prep when it came time to cover the cushion, the blanket unraveled.







But overall I am pleased with the chair.  I will have to come up with an alternative to cover the cushion.  More to come.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Did you consider covering the cushion with a coordinating solid color? I think an orange or red would look nice, especially in contrast with the dominant blue of the chair back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,
    I have actually used red cording on the sides and have that same red available for a cushion cover so that will be the choice. Nice to know that you, with good taste, suggested that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this one so much! It look beautiful. I love that you mixed the blankets!

    ReplyDelete