Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Alone Again

I'm alone again.  It will only be for two more weeks, and that could feel like a lifetime at times.  But I survived the last 3 weeks, so this should go by pretty fast.  The thing that will make this better is knowing that this is the last time for a long time I will have to live alone.  I could not be more grateful that this move is almost done.  I am more than ready to live with the husband.  It really doesn't matter where, just together!  I was planning a short trip out to Colorado, but have decided to stay home.  The husband will be VERY busy with the business because he will be back here in 2 weeks for the Wedding and the house closing, so he does not need me being there as a distraction.   Kind of sad, but it is the best thing.  I will just move along towards getting ready for the reception and rehearsal dinner and getting the house ready to completely pack up.

Here are some pictures of past trips to Colorado.




Last Sept first we were there, this is Horn peak along the Sangre de Cristos.


High mountain flowers, these are hollyhocks growing in a garden at about 9200 elevation.


More hollyhocks


A view of the Sangres.


Me walking up a path near Fremont pass on the western slope behind Breckenridge.


The lake near Fremont Pass.



A view of the aspens turning golden when the son and I took a much needed trip out to Colorado in Sept of 2012.


The husband and I spent out anniversary in the Springs November 2011, and we took the Cog 
Railroad to the top of Pikes  Peak.  It was especially cold that day.  Some of the coldest wind I have EVER experienced.



Back to the trip with the son in 2012, just rounding the corner where the Sangre de Cristos come alive!  One of the most beautiful places on earth!


In Sept 2012, there was already snow, fresh in  Sept.


An old cabin on the way up to Monarch pass, one of my favorite, so far!

So, there you have it.  When we live there this is all within a few hours to get to,  Most of these places you can drive to , spend the day , and get home before dark.  Most certainly looking forward to this.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, I'm so glad I came to visit your site. I love reading your profile and the story about the green thread. Thank you for sharing about your move too. We moved not too long ago as well and reading through your posts made me think of all we went through. We are still trying to sell our house...no offers yet and we haven't had any visitors in a LONG time...I am trying to remember that it is all part of God's plan and that it will happen in His timing...but it is hard to wait. Like you said...time sometimes could really crawl. Thanks again for sharing! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, seeing your pictures made me a bit homesick this morning! Florida is so hot and humid! Our grandchildren do not even play outside all summer.I look forward to meeting up with you this Fall!
    I know my last post is always a hot topic, but that is the reason I do these post, as it helps to promote traffic and thinking. I laughed when I saw you freezing on the cog rail. Now that would be when snow pants are needed!:o)
    Yours, Roxy

    ReplyDelete