Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

It's a New Month

September is here.  What will it bring?  I have no idea.  In some ways it might be a rough month.  Labor day was nice.  We spent some time with the future DIL's family.  A nice time was had by all.  Today was our trip to the chiropractor in Tulsa.  They are the best.  Fortunately we both were in alignment and that is amazing considering all the lifting and moving we have done.  This was our last trip there since we will be in Colorado soon.  But if I am ever in great need, I will make the trip back to Tulsa to this office.  Tomorrow will be the dreaded  tooth extraction and a house inspection.   What a day!  Hoping and praying for good results on both, but mostly the husband's health!


Got to love this view of Colorado Springs!


The news on the other hand is not so fun to see.  I see trouble bubbling up all over and it is troubling.  That is the part of this month ahead that looks like it might be rough.  I am leaning heavy on God for comfort and peace in the midst of the storm.    So here is one of my favorite scriptures that sustains me.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.


Isiah 41:10.

Here is another one that just might help someone else.
.  

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).

Only God knows what is coming.  There are some who want to cause us great harm, they want us destroyed.  But I serve a mighty God, and He loves me.  If bad things happen, I will still be right where God wants me.  He knows how much I can take.  He even said he would not give me too much.  We will see what is to come.







2 comments:

  1. We welcome you to our great State! Pray for God's strength and healthy for both of you! Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Roxy. We look forward to the rest of our lives in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete