Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Thursday, September 18, 2014

One Week Until My Son Gets Married!

It is one week until the rehearsal dinner!  Yikes!  That will be my party.  We are having hot dogs!  The wedding is on the DIL, yes she pretty much is already my DIL!, parents farm.  They don;t live on the farm, but it does have a cabin and is a beautiful place about 3 hours from our house.  It is rough to say the least.  Hot dogs are very appropriate for a rehearsal dinner.  I will get polish dogs and chicken sausages from Sams club.  I am going to wrap them with bacon and grill them.  We will have lots of different toppings and sauces.  Of course we will have potato salad and bakes beans and rotel queso and chips.  We will finish off the meal with chocolate cupcakes like hostess cupcakes, homemade!  We had them at the daughters wedding and they were a big hit.  After that I will come home and finish preparing for the reception.  The reception food will be all individually wrapped and easy to eat.  Since there will be no cooking food or heating up for the wedding, it all has to be prepared ahead of time.  We will have 7 layer mexican dip in cups, chips, shrimp and cocktail sauce in cups, veggies and ranch dip, cheeses and crackers, pulled pork , turkey, and roast beef sandwiches on Hawaiian bread, pasta salad in cups, fruit in cups.  That's a lot of preparing and individual wrapping to do for 80 people.  I am also making the grooms cake, carrot cake cupcakes.  So, I have lots of things to do at the same time I am finishing packing up my house and getting ready to move Sept 30!  Yikes!  I have had lots of time but all this work has to be done last minute.  That can't be helped.  The husband is coming to help, soon.



Beginning groceries for the rehearsal dinner.


The daughter's wedding cupcakes from 2010.


Our back field, the daughter's wedding.


Bride and groom


At the daughter's wedding, l-r, groom's brother, the son, groom/SIL


The wedding party.


Sisters

So, there you have it.  A look back at the last wedding we had in this family.  Looking forward to the next one.







No comments:

Post a Comment