Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

From Anticipation to Who Cares

You know that anticipation you feel around Thanksgiving about the upcoming holiday, Christmas?  The best part of the holiday is the anticipation of what is to come.  Whether you enjoy the family time or the weather, or the stories or well, you see what I am saying.  The anticipation is the best part.  The retail industry, in an effort to get our dollars starts shoving the holiday down our throats earlier and earlier.  So, somewhere along the way the anticipation goes away and what sets in is indifference.  Who cares.  I have experienced that over the last 5 years or so.  The holiday season is just not the same for me.  Yes, the real reason for the season is that we somehow have related this time of year with the birth of Jesus Christ, but that's not all it is , hasn't been for centuries.  But not to get too far down the Christmas rant, my reason for mentioning this anticipation is as an analogy of what I am dealing with about my move.  I have dreamed of moving and living in Colorado for years.  I thought it would never come true.  So, the anticipation was what kept me going at times.  That anticipation has turned into who cares for me now.  What caused the who cares, maybe the stress and living apart from the husband and my second guessing whether this was a wise move...I could go on.  But I am having trouble getting excited about anything.  The blahs have set in and now I don't want to live here or there.  Where you say?   Good question.  The problem is that I don't want to pack anything else or unpack anything else.  Soon this house will belong to a wonderful family that is excited to live here.  And I have to make the final move.  I guess one of my main concerns that has me a bit messed up is that I need to move the little boys.






Sweet little boys!

I am nervous about the long car ride, and getting used to a new house, and will the cats try to run away?  The dog will have to navigate stairs and he is no spring chicken.  I want them to be ok.  You see they have been me comfort for awhile.  They know how to love me just right.  So, I guess the lack of anticipation might have something to do with my nervousness about moving my comfort zone.  I will probably spend the first week or so just making me and the boys feel comfortable, get into a routine.  The cats will be the most difficult.  But they are very much routine in their daily lives.  An unusual day can throw them off.  Poor creatures.  But they are loved and very well cared for.







Yep, I love my "little boys"!  I'll do my best to make them as comfortable as they can be.  Hopefully they will want to stay home with me.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I know what you mean about this feeling! You will move and yes it will seem hard some days, but God will help you fit in each new situation! And your sweet pets will be happy to just be with you! You will love some things and miss other things. Thinking of you!
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know what you mean. I was so, so tired. I stood in my wonderful kitchen and bawled my eyes out. Couldn't pack another thing. My son was jut throwing pots and pans in boxes and it felt like he was throwing me in there too. Hubby was 69 and I was 65 - What were we doing??? At our ages no less! This house is bigger and has almost 4 acres. The first year is still a blur.
    Cleaning, painting, taking out 30 year old carpets and refinishing floors. Work, work, work! Thanksgiving dinner served on a picnic table! Looking back it was worth it for what we have today. I still miss our old home sometimes, we had lots of pictures - but I don't look at them very often anymore. This is our home now and I'm glad we made the move. You will be too!

    ReplyDelete