Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Update on the Settee

The settee is coming together nicely.











There you have it.  Now I will make the piece to go on the front of the arms and cover the cushion.  Have I mentioned that covering in a solid color, especially a dark one is one of the hardest things to do?  Well, it is.  Although most people will never see the imperfections, I see them all the time.  And there are a lot of them.  But I am no expert and a long way from it.

Today is 9/11.  If I had stuck with my plans, I would be in Colorado now, but instead I am here in Oklahoma.  The day is still young, and I hope nothing happens.  I have been in a rather crazy funk lately.  Seems that all we have been through since March of 2013, has me at a desperate weary place.  I know I need some rest.  But just sitting and being still is not the way to get rest.  It involves rest for my mind.  I am SO grateful for my renewed faith because that has helped me a lot.  I just need to find that peace of mind rest.  I know the next 2 weeks will be a mix of waiting and rushing.  I just need to be ready.  And after all is said and done, the move...  I guess one of my tiring thoughts is what it we have made a terrible mistake moving.  I kind of get the feeling I don't belong here in Oklahoma or in Colorado, so like I have no real home.  Is God trying to get me to be at home wherever I am?  Is there a lesson to be learned here.  Probably and I am doing my best to see it, and learn from it.  I am admitting that since March 2013, there have been MANY lessons to learn and maybe I need a spring break from all the learning.  But God knows me and will give me that rest when it is time.  So onward and upward...

My devotional today:

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his. (Hebrews 4:9-10)
Our gracious Father offers His children the beautiful promise of complete rest in Him. The author here makes an earnest plea to the recipient of the epistle—let us receive this abundant spiritual life that God has made available to us. May we take strength in His eternal rest!

1 comment: