Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Final Week

We are now into the final week of living alone here in Oklahoma and in Colorado.  Next Sat, the 20th, the husband will come back here to help me with wedding preps and wrapping up this house.  Then the "little boys" and I will make our way across I-40 then up I-25 to our new home.  I am so excited, I am sure they will not be, but being with me will make it ok for the boys.  I really need to get the kitties out in the car for a couple rides before that day.  Just short rides around the block will make it not so dramatic.  Cats don't like to ride, dogs do, but after an hour or two, they don't like it either.  We will have 10 hours!  I will probably seek the advise of our Vet before I pack up my loved ones.


In the meantime...I still have the wedding rehearsal dinner and reception to finish planning and carry out.  The main problem is that I can not do anything until the last minute so it is the wait then rush thing.  I will have to-do lists and shopping to do, then cook and rush to get it all set up.  Somewhere in there I will need to spend time with my mother before moving.  She is very aware my time is limited.  She is also very excited about her grandson's wedding.



This is a picture, not taken by me, of Mount Princeton, one of the Collegiate mountains.  


This is a picture I took summer of 2011 visiting Colorado Springs, at Garden of the Gods as a storm was rolling in.  I was dreaming of being there.  I love the layer of grays.  This is a color photo!
Soon...

3 comments:

  1. Happy Trails to you! have a great week and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to watching the weather in the hills with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for putting my little blog on your sidebar! We moved 5 years ago to farm country here in N/W Jersey. Big, big changes were in store for us, but we're so glad we did make the move. Looking back, it was well worth the hardships! Much love and joy to you and yours in your new home!

    ReplyDelete