Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Monday, March 24, 2014

All Things Green

When we were little we each had our color, the color our mother thought best suited us and everything, I mean EVERYTHING was in our color.  Older sister was dressed in blue, because of her very blue eyes.  Jetta was always in green because she had auburn hair, very curly!  I was the baby and had near black hair, like my mother, but pale skin like my father, and brown/hazel eyes, so I got pink.  Everything was pink.  To this day, I am not a fan of pink.  It is just to foo-foo.  But blue is actually a good color to this day for older sister and as long as I can remember and to her dying day, green was my Jetta's color.



Here she is in the '80's rocking the big collar and shoulder pads and white panty-hose doing a fashion show.  Oh and the large frame glasses.  I still miss her so much!  


Here she is with two of our nieces surrounded by zinnias and green, of course.


Two nieces with a green background, probably on their trip to Colorado with Jetta..  The last 6 nieces and nephews were not able to have their turn at a trip to Colorado with Jetta.  But, we will get them there in honor of her eventually.


This was a famous birthday cake that Jetta made for the brother-in-law.  See the green, it was not frosting!  It was lettuce.  This was a real hamburger.


After admiring the head of curls and amazing sand skills, notice the green toy.


If that's not enough this bundle of cuteness sat in this position for much longer than most 1 year old's, putting and taking.  Pretend there is green somewhere close.


This is one of my favorite photographs the daughter took.  railroad track, train passing, not sure how she did it.  But it is really a favorite.

In the process of green living, my green living, it is all about bringing new life to things that are old.  I have been feeling I am nearing that old time and I am in the process of bringing new life to myself.  I am trying to figure out what will be my next venture.  I have the freedom to do just about anything I set my mind to and yet that is so broad that I find myself paralyzed by too much freedom.  I am trying to narrow down the field so I can better aim myself in the right direction.  I will always have my sewing skills if needed, and tutoring and teaching school, but I long for a venture that is much more satisfying.  I am still searching.  What will it be?  Stay tuned to see.



1 comment: