Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, March 2, 2014

No Complaints and No Regrets...



Putting aside what I typically blog about today to share some heart.  Humor me and listen to this.


Here's To Life

No complaints and no regrets
I still believe in chasing dreams and placing bets
And I have learned that all you give is all you get
So give it all you've got

I had my share, I drank my fill
And even though I'm satisfied, I'm hungry still
To see what's down another road, beyond a hill
And do it all again

So here's to life
And every joy it brings
Here's to life
To dreamers and their dreams

Funny how the time just flies
How love can go from warm hellos to sad goodbyes
And leave you with the memories you've memorized
To keep your winters warm

But there's no yes in yesterday
And who knows what tomorrow brings, or takes away
As long as I'm still in the game, I want to play
For laughs, for life, for love

So here's to life
And every joy it brings
Here's to life
To dreamers and their dreams
May all your storms be weathered
And all that's good get better

Here's to life
Here's to love
And here's to you

So we went to a wedding of a family friend last night, beautiful wedding.  The bride was my son's first friend ever.



Fun evening and a good time to reminisce about times that seem so long ago.  There has been much water under the bridge and we have gone in such different ways yet one still hopes to rekindle those friendships that were so precious.  So here is where the regrets come in.  There are many regrets and who can say what difference it would make if there were no regrets.  Pure speculation because life just keeps on going.  Did I do enough, did I do too much, was I just too plain, not exciting enough, did the choices I made then leave these relationships at a dead end street?  I know, how deep!,  but these are things I wonder about.  The relationships that have sustained me over these years have been few and I think that's all I really needed.



  Not to say that had I had these friendships that I would have had too much.  I might have just been more blessed with them.


But I have been pretty blessed as it is,  very blessed! My children and the people that have surrounded us all have been a great surrounding.
During this time, there have been times when getting up and facing another day was not so easy.  In this tune, And do it all again, says what I needed many times.  And so I got a tattoo that is a music symbol for repeat, del segno, as in get up repeat and this time better.


So in those times when relationships were few and far between I dug deep and found the comfort I needed from my God who gave me the inner strength I needed.  

So the question remains, is there room for a long lost friendship?  The answer I do not have but I do know that people change and sometimes what was just perfect before may not be so good and you can never live off old memories.  But who knows and time will tell, but I will not hold my breath.  Should a friendship arise and add to my blessed life, I will welcome it as a blessing.



Speaking of blessing...here's one.


And another...
There are many but I'll leave others for you to see another day.








  

No comments:

Post a Comment