Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Fabric of Life

Now being a seamstress and doing upholstery, it only stands to reason that I would Love fabric.  I do.  I actually have a favorites called "fabric I like".  I also love how people and places and events make up the fabric of a life.




 I have been especially reflective lately and have been reviewing the fabric of my life.  One of the main reasons for this blog is to always find the green thread.  That again is about fabric, literally and figuratively.

I have been  blessed to reconnect with a very special friend that will always be a part of my life.  It's funny how there are times when things are so much larger than life that we fail to keep the relationships we need nourished.  So when things settle down and have a shape that you realize you have actually missed something important.  I have been in that state much too long.  So now that I have reconnected I will make it a priority to keep this going, not let it be snuffed out by the larger than life problems.


The handsome husband years ago.


The daughter and her best friend in a ballet performance.


Oh so precious, daughter and her best friend and the mom that is SO special to me!  I had a tea party to celebrate how I had decorated her room.  That is hand stenciled!  Oh for the days when I had nothing better to do...wait I still can do that.  I'd rather reupholster a cool chair!

1 comment: