Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Saturday, July 19, 2014

It's a Colorado Morning

 We are in Colorado and it's the beginning of our new chapter.  I must admit BIG HUGE scary feelings of change.  I know change is good but has it's uncomfortableness, and for someone who treasures my comfort, this is outside my comfort zone.  But all things that require time and real effort to make good, this will be the best move we have ever made.  It just needs 6 months to get good.  After a meltdown last night, my wonderful husband helped me see the reasons we are really doing this.  Slept well and ready to do this thing.  Pictures to come.


The front of the house,notice the beautiful blue spruce in front.


Aspen trees off the front porch.


The view off the back deck.


The BIG spruce of the back deck.  It literally goes from basement level to the second floor.  And it is in amazing shape!


The kitchen.


Nice gas fireplace, I prefer a real wood burning fireplace but this is what we got.


The chandelier in the entry is just what I would have picked, and it matches the one in the dining room. 


The main floor powder room has this hand painted on the wall,  I LOVE it!  The future DIL is going to do something like this on the master bathroom wall!


View of Pikes Peak from downtown Colorado Springs, a real fun happening place.

So, as you can see there is much to grateful for.  It is a very lovely house, and someday it will be home.  It is empty and does not have my little boys in it, and I haven't cooked in it.  One day I will quit my panic about making a mistake and I will be back in love with my desire to live in the "Springs".

Philippians 4:6-8New International Version (NIV)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment