Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Packing...

Packing is one of those inevitable chores that everyone has to do sometime in their lifetime.  It is NEVER fun and people have their own way to pack.  I always start out very organized and marking things well and cleaning out along the way.  The more I pack the sloppier I get.  And the worst thing is that I quit trying to decide what to keep and what to let go of.  After a while it is, oh well, keep it get rid of it later.  I am there.  I know when the truck gets here, and we thought we had everything packed and there will be an extra 10 boxes of stuff that I did not pack.  Never fails!


More memories...


The husband shoveling the snow out to our gazebo.


Poppies in the spring.


Big sweet Herb and little Baron.


The garden, a full time job in 1999.


Another view of the garden, years ago.


A watermelon for the late 90's or early 2000's.


Carrots and onions from the garden back then.

We did a lot of gardening and it has gone down over the years.  We have had something growing each and every year.  This year we have tomatoes and basil and potatoes, and some other herbs.


Basil this year


Romas this year.


My friend and his lavender.



1 comment: