Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Friday, July 11, 2014

Mowing 2.25 Acres...

Mowing the acreage is a love/hate thing.  There are days like today when the weather is just right for putting the headphones on and taking a 2-3 hour ride on the John Deere and belting out a variety of tunes.  All good up to the point when out of the corner of my eye I spy a RAT running through the gazebo.  I sang louder!  It totally grossed me out and I quickly finished that area and headed out to the open field.  So, I guess this was a love/hate time.  Fortunately, the rest of the mowing went very smoothly.  Not too hot, or windy, and the sun was setting.













The field behind our place.


I suppose I will miss the solitude I have found in these mowing sessions.  I wonder what it will be like mowing in Colorado.  I know I won't miss the corner of my eye sightings .  That was just creepy and gross.  I was wishing for a good snake about then.  That is a good dinner for a good sized snake and they do also live on our property.  All these things do, I just don't want to see them.  So, I will not miss that, and I will not miss the times when it is too hot to mow or so windy or when all I do is sneeze the whole time or even the times when we have had a lot of rain and the grass is so thick that it is hard to mow.  So, I guess the few times when the solitude was wonderful are good memories to hang on to but look forward to a new way for those moments of solitude, like hiking in the Garden of the Gods weekly.

1 comment:

  1. Seldom do we braid our life experiences together as we are now. So impressed that you are present with them all.

    ReplyDelete