Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Monday, February 10, 2014

Bailey's Chair Goes Home

Well the Bailey chair is done.  I really like how it turned out.  What was left since the last picture was the double cord to finish it off around the woodwork at the bottom of the chair.


Here it is.



See the cording just makes it all finished looking.


It goes all around the bottom and on the tip of the arms.


Here my neighbor and classmate, E, is enjoying how comfy the chair is.  I sure hope Bailey likes it.

The next chair is one of a set of wingback chairs that I got at a thrift store.  I am going to finish them the same and keep them for now.  That is I'll keep them until someone wants them or I find something I want to re-purpose.  


This is the before with some investigation being conducted my Maestro.


Kind of ugly but not for long.  The front legs were probably added later so they will taken off and made more secure.  That ugly nailhead stuff is not coming back, neither is the tufting as mentioned in an earlier post.   Yes, I repeat myself. 


Naked.  Pictures to come...


It feels like we are stuck in the deep freeze.  But the weather people say we might have a warm up this weekend.  We might see close to 70 degrees.  That will be a nice change.  I don't mind snow and I don't mind cold, it is winter after all.   It will be nice to have a few warm days.  But lest we forget what happened last April here's a reminder.  Ice storm, 2013.  See the red buds blossoming?


So for today I leave with a picture of 2 of my "boys" checking out what's going on outside.  





No comments:

Post a Comment