Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Bailey's chair

...continuing with the latest chair...


This is how the arms look.  This "loved" blanket had some holes and was a little worse for the wear.  I had to patch a place to have enough to cover the arms, but the patch which matches exactly is completely out of sight and reach of wear and tear.  The back piece is just laid up there, it will take A LOT of work to fit the back piece.  



So I finally got the back piece on and had to piece the raggy remnants together for this small piece on the back.  I did not realize until I took a picture of this how badly it looked.  This was at the end of class so I worried and fret over it until the next class.


Also when I fit the back piece on the arm pieces that I had to fit was split and because the blanket was not as strong as I would have liked it split more and you can't see but I could and that drove me crazy!


Next class I took that piece off and took all the cording off and fixed it.  Much better, don't you think?!


I also spent the time to undo some stuff and readjust the split areas and ...success those splits are gone, well they are well hidden or protected.  The cushion is the next step and I will be tackling that soon.

This is a chair that I love and someday I'd like to use this picture as inspiration for one of my projects.  It's a bad picture but the website did not want me to get a pic of this chair...thanks iphone.


Another chair to use as inspiration.  I love the use of suiting fabric.


This is another inspiration chair.  I LOVE the Indian blanket.  Wish I could find some fabric similar to this.



Although the weather doesn't suggest it, spring will come...




No comments:

Post a Comment