Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Indian blanket chair

I'm pretty sure NO one is reading this blog, and that's OK.  This is an exercise for me to make me keep up with something on a fairly regular basis.  So here goes another post in my "diary/journal" open for the world to see.


                                                
This is my son's chair.  It was actually the first chair that I stripped down in class.  It was a bear to strip.  There lots of tacks and staples.  After I stripped it I left it behind and did the brown chair with the colorful dots.  It seemed like an easier chair to do.  I came back to this one after I decided those Indian/Mexican blankets were not doing anyone any good stored in a closet.  I decided to make a chair for each of my three children.  I had these 2 thrift store chairs that I had attempted to recover years ago and actually did an ok job on them but they were in need of a re-do.  So I decided I would make them the sister chairs and this was the brother chair.  Each one picked the blanket they wanted and I set out to make repurpose them a piece to remind them of my love.  After a different iPhone and a new computer and accidentally deleting precious pictures, the before and after is all I have of my son's chair.



I hope to find a before picture of the sister chairs.  They were just alike and they are similar now.  



It's an Oklahoma winter.  This was the first of three snow "storms" in one week.  As one can tell it's a light coating of snow.  When it was all said and done, there was about 3 inches in my part of Oklahoma.  The second wave dropped another 1 1/2 inches.  Trouble is the temperatures are going to dive tonight through Sunday.  We will experience single digit temps at night and forecasted a below zero one night.  That along with a couple more bouts of snow and it could be like real winter around here.  

My gnomes are huddles together waiting for spring.  They usually go out gallivanting first chance they get.  Not so much now, they are cold.


Stay warm and I'll pick this up later.  For all you hordes,
horde (hɔːd). n. 1. a vast crowd; throng; mob.,  of people reading this blog,  There is more to come.







2 comments:

  1. Love what you're doing here. I'm a horde of one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I an in the hordes. I also made that pin cushion and I do - as it says.

    ReplyDelete