Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Monday, February 17, 2014

The Ladies

The ladies are going to be a challenge, but it's a good challenge.  I get to find out what it takes to do two chairs instead of just one.  Every class I learn more and more about how to do this thing more efficiently.  The ladies only got their petticoats tonight but before that we put legs on one chair.


Who remembers watching this?  I thought of this after putting petticoats on the ladies.

.

The one on the right has no front legs.  But tonight we added her front legs.


Here they are both with their legs.


Here they are with their petticoats.  Believe it or not this was not an easy process.  First I added the foam which was not difficult.  But the more stuffing you add so to speak, the more difficult the next layer.  So I was lucky enough on this project to reuse the foam that come on the chair.  It did not smell and appeared to be ok.    I added cushion wrap on the already existing cushions which made everything tight.  Adding that layer made it tighter than my hand.    The next thing I will add will be the the fabric for the arms and the seat.  


Chair #1


Chair # 2

I am SO grateful for the ability to take this class.  I am so grateful for a husband who encouraged me to take this class,  which is my passion.    I am still looking for my next project.  Not sure what it will be.

Speaking of ladies...

Here are some of the ladies I love the most.


She is my first-born.  Precious one.


The one on the right is another lady, like a daughter but a neighbor.


The one on the left is another one of the ladies,  A great friend.  One that has been there through the years, too many to count!


These two ladies...my mother and my daughter.


My daughter # 2, as precious as # 1


Daughter # 1 and Daughter # 2's MIL, another lady worth noting.  She is an amazing lady.  She probably doesn't know that I think she is wonderful but she is!
So these are just a few of the ladies worth noting.  There are more.  But that's another post.


I just had to add this great picture of my youngest with her husband when they were babies.  Feast your eyes on cuteness.



Finally...the ladies?  or the boys!

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful you are! What a talent & legacy your life is. Thank you for including me among other tremendously lovely ones!

    ReplyDelete