Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Twin Ladies

I am now working on "the ladies" or " the girls".


Here they are sitting together at the thrift store.  They did not smell bad but that tufting!  That's horrible.



They are both in this naked state.  Like I said in a previous post, I'm going to upholster them for the "Jetta" room but if I can sell them I will and go look for more projects.  I am running of chairs!  I need more!  I will be working on these ladies together so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to do 2 side by side.  


Here are the ladies with their underwear on, first layer.  You probably noticed that one is sitting funny.  The chairs are pretty old and the wood appears to be oak, but these legs were added later.  One of the chairs had loose front legs, so we took them off and will put them on after I glue a piece back on one of the legs.  The next step is to put a piece of 1x1 back on the seat at the front.  The original ones that we will reuse were put on with large staples that were a bear to remove.  In most cases we just cut them off but it took me and mostly my instructor to get it close to ready to put back on.  Pictures to come when I get those pieces put on.


This is the chair with no front legs.  How sad she looks.  But not for long.


This is a chair that I found at a local thrift store.  I thought I had found a treasure until I looked at one of the back legs.  It had been broken and was glued back together poorly.  My first impression it that those back legs are part of the spine and the stability of the chair.  If they are broken the chair is truly compromised.  I am still wondering if this chair can ever be redeemed.  I'm going to find out.  I love this chair.

Where are they now?

Here is the Bailey chair.  It is sitting next the wall of records and looks so cool.  Of course the young lady sitting in the chair is wonderful.


Here we have the kitty enjoying the chair to its fullest.  Sweet kitty knows a good thing when she sees it.


Kitty loving the chair.  In this light you can see why the green really makes the blanket pop!  I do love this chair.  It turned out so much better than I expected.  I have a love/hate relationship with stripes.  I love them but hate them when they do not appear perfect.  These turned out pretty good.  I'm OK with these.  That's the love part.  I love how they can look if done properly.  There will be stripes and stripe patterns in a lot of fabric that I choose.

So there's going to be a wedding in our family in a few months.  The son and wonderful future DIL will be tying the knot.  I will probably add this to my reason to blog.  I am just the MOG,  mother of the groom, but I am willing and able to help in any way.  It's a new chapter in our lives opening up.


This picture is precious.  It was from daughter's wedding.  This is youngest and oldest with the bride.  The baby is my nieces daughter and my mother was the oldest.




No comments:

Post a Comment