Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Uninspired Part 2




Somewhere between the stagnant water,


...and the fast water, is where I am.  I am a bit closer to the first picture.  Halfway in between is the place to be unless you have floaties ,  then you can get closer to the fast water.  
The kitties and dog know how to be still, which is what I need to learn to do.


There is an art form to being still.  This is not the same as being lazy, and although you might say these animals are just lazy, I beg to differ.  I have always been a busy person, or at least I am in better spirits when I am busy.  But learning to be still is something I am needing to work on.  It needs to be something I practice to get better at.  Being still does not involve sleeping.  I guess it could be a form of meditation, if you want to look at it that way.  But nonetheless, I must put being still on my to-do list.  To paraphrase a paraphrase by French philosopher, Blaise Paschal,  "All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone."   Got to learn to do this.


The mema has always quoted to the grandson,  "Be still and know that I am God", Psalms 46:10.  This has meant so much to him over the years.  It works in almost every situation.  There is a reason being still is overlooked.  It is simply viewed as something you tell a wiggly kid to do, but there is so much more to this concept.  I am on a mission to find out what all it can mean.  I'll report here when I have news about being still.  Try it, it works.
It's just another day in paradise
As you stumble to your bed
You'd give anything to silence
Those voices ringing in your head
You thought you could find happiness
Just over that green hill
You thought you would be satisfied
But you never will-
Learn to be still

We are like sheep without a shepherd
We don't know how to be alone
So we wander 'round this desert
And wind up following the wrong gods home
But the flock cries out for another
And they keep answering that bell
And one more starry-eyed messiah
Meets a violent farewell-
Learn to be still
Learn to be still

Now the flowers in your garden
They don't smell so sweet
Maybe you've forgotten
The heaven lying at your feet

[Solo]

There are so many contridictions
In all these messages we send
(We keep asking)
How do I get out of here
Where do I fit in?
Though the world is torn and shaken
Even if your heart is breakin'
It's waiting for you to awaken
And someday you will-
Learn to be still
Learn to be still

You just keep on runnin'
Keep on runnin'
The Eagles.


My upholstery machine.


Making cording for the ladies, at home.




The cording foot that makes this job easier.

So in the process of learning to be still, you quiet your mind.  That sometimes leads to lots of thinking and soul searching.  Although I really don't want this still time to be all about soul searching.  I want to go past that point.  But like I said this is a work in process.  So while I was making cording, I was thinking...  
There is this phenomenon for lack of a better word, where I have this strong feeling someone doesn't like me.  The people I have experienced this from range from someone I rarely see to family.  In the case of a family member, the dislike is not lack of love but just simply non-like.  The term " not my cup of tea"  comes to mind.  If there was no family connection there would be no relationship.  I have also experienced this from outside the family in the just friends or acquaintances circle.  Same thing.  It's that weird feeling ranging from disdain to just not on the radar.  I have tried to figure out if it is something I have done or is it  just "not your cup of tea"  thing.  If anyone out there understands this thing, let me know.  I have even tried to look from my point of view to see if there is anyone on my "radar" that I might give this impression to.  I really don't think I do.   Oh to understand what really makes people the way we are... including myself.

Enough deep mind crap.  Just muddling through to the stillness I 'm searching for.








1 comment:

  1. Thank you for following my blog. I enjoy seeing that others have gone to my blog after reading yours.

    ReplyDelete