Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

First Sister Chair

The first sister chair is for the oldest sister.  These chairs are probably from the 40's.  They are channelback which makes them more of a challenge.  The first time I re did them, I tried to kind of "cover" the channels because I did not know how they got that way.  Luckily my instructor taught me how to reupholster channels correctly.

So this is the before that is actually my work before taking the upholstery class.  Not horrible but it will look a lot better.





Sorry the chair doesn't have different pictures of the work in progress.  I reupholstered this chair during the time that my sister was so sick and I was very distracted.  The class was my only distraction and I really needed the class.  She would have LOVED what I have done with these chairs.


This is one of my kitties making a coke box his hideout.  notice the big paw waiting to get someone.


This is Mr Kitty.  He is the eldest and is pretty sure his only job is to rid this house of any cat food.  He is good at his job, his tummy is proof.  



No comments:

Post a Comment