Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Weather, a Roll of the Dice

They rolled the dice on Tuesday and predicted 3-6 inches, we got 1.5 inches.  They predicted a dusting today, I believe we got 4 inches here.  Schools closed today.  The temperatures are brutal, still single digit but we will climb up into the teens later.  We actually warm up to 39 on Saturday then another storm Monday...  Oh, Oklahoma, you surprise us all the time!



A dog walking in the snow.  My dog, Mr B.


Gnome Apartment!


A blanket of snow for one lucky gnome!


This guy, yeah, this guy!
So maybe not 4 inches, maybe 3.   Who cares it is all moisture on a thirsty ground.
Back to Bailey's chair...


It took an entire class to make this cushion cover.  I guess in the future it won't take 3 hours to cover a cushion, but for now I'll take a cushion that takes longer but looks good.


Now I am adding the sides and back.


  We choose this amazing green color that just makes the other colors come alive.  Hard to find a good fabric this color.  This looks like silk but is polyester, not the fabric I would choose but it was the heaviest I could find in this color and I lined it so it is more sturdy.


This is how I applied the back.  This stuff is called ply-grip, and it likes to grip all that touches it, including fingers!  Yikes!  But after much work poking and prodding, all the fabric is hidden inside those teeth...


...this is how it looks.  That is called work!


I'm pretty pleased.  The next step is to add the the double cord on the bottom.  Then it is on to it's new home.


This is my next chair.  Ugly,right!  It will not have tufting.  I don't like!  



Looking forward to summer and watermelon.  I LOVE watermelon.



1 comment: